other NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender - Wall Plug Version. And, as part of its wireless security design, the C3000Z supports WPA2/WPA and features a hardware WPS button allowing customers to enjoy easy setup using a simple button. Through ZyXEL’s implementation of dual Ethernet firewalls (NAT and SPI), the C1100Z Centurylink router is able to identify and manage malicious content and applications. 4. (Service was Centurylink, either ADSL or ADSL2+ not sure). My strong preference is to do all networking through the Netgear, so I could disable the DHCP on the Zyxel and set up a static IP and static DNS on the netgear. To acquire firmware, software, driver or other support files for Zyxel devices, enter the model number in the search box. Microcell -> Netgear R7000 -> Actiontec PK5000 in transparent bridge mode. I have had past issues w/ the microcell, w/ DSL, w/ computer equipment, and very rarely any of the official technical support channels have actually resolved them properly. If he has a cable company router, put that in bridge mode and connect the Airport Extreme to it. Let your Zyxel do the NAT duties. If both devices have DHCP turned on, and they are using the same address family, then there will be conflicts even if you tell them to use different address ranges for the last octet (the last number in an IP address). I spent hours with this issue. Download the Zyxel C2100Z info sheet The Zyxel C2100Z modem/WiFi router has the following features and capabilities: IPv6 ; 2. Enable DHCP on both the Zyxel and the Netgear. @Avedis53:   Interesting thoughts. Off the top of my head it sounds like it's the Netgear that is causing the problem. 1. In your Netgear Router mManager, go to: WAN Setup. I have DSL service through Centurylink with a ZyXEL C1100Z DSL modem set to transparent bridging mode and an ASUS router handling login credentials, routing, and everything else. S. scottlindner last edited by . Still cannot get to the Internet through the router, there is an amber light indicating that the "IP address was not acquired." Please understand you are downloading beta firmware for immediately security patch. Hopefully it all works. I have not been able to get the Microcell to activate. © 2020 Rubicon Communications, LLC | Privacy Policy. We believe that an open-source security model offers disruptive pricing along with the agility required to quickly address emerging threats. I eventually reboot the firewall and it wouldn't come back up. We urge all users upgrade to official release firmware when available. So I have the Zycel C1000Z in bridge mode, the netgear R7000 performing all routing and switching functions, and the microcell connected to one of the wired ports of the R7000. @partymonkey- I hope you understand what I'm saying here.